The journal 'Information Technology for Development' has just published a special issue on the capability approach. It contains 6 articles, some of them written by members of our thematic group. The articles are:
- Development as freedom; how the Capability Approach can be used in ICT4D research and practice (editorial) - Annika Andersson, Åke Grönlund & Gudrun Wicander
- Building collective capabilities through ICT in a mountain region of Nepal: where social capital leads to collective action - Devinder Thapa, Maung K. Sein & Øystein Sæbø
- The capability approach as a tool for development evaluation; analyzing students’ use of internet resources - Mathias Hatakka & Jenny Lagsten
- Signifiers of the life we value? Considering human development, technologies and Fair Trade from the perspective of the capabilities approach - Dorothea Kleine, Ann Light & Maria-José Montero
- Capable and convivial design (CCD): a framework for designing information and communication technologies for human development - Aditya Johri & Joyojeet Pal
See http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/titd20/current for the full issue. Enjoy!