We would like to invite you to submit an abstract for an edited book focused on Youth, Gender and Capabilities. The aims of this edited book are to:
- Offer a human development perspective in the analysis of youth and the role that gender plays in different contexts.
- Operationalize the capability approach through different case studies to interrogate different areas that affect youth space of freedoms.
- Focus on diversity, equality, participation and inclusive practices whilst being aware of the role that gender may play (or not) on the ability to turn one’s opportunities into effective valuable outcomes.
- Share evidence-based practices and research that challenge mainstream views of youth
- Innovatively theorise about the transformative potentialities of research on that area from a capabilities and human development values
- Offer an analysis of youth, gender and development issues to promote equity and gender justice for the transformation of society
The call for the expression of interest is open until the 15th of October. Please click here to download further information.