Contribute a chapter to the Open Access book "Social Aspects of Ageing - Selected Challenges, Analyses, and Solutions"
Register here to participate:
About the Book:
The book “Social Aspects of Ageing - Selected Challenges, Analyses, and Solutions,” will focus on the key challenges underlined by the United Nations during the Decade of Healthy Ageing (2021-2030). The authors will introduce the studies combined with four fields crucial for older people, their families, and communities: combatting ageism, age-friendly environments, integrated care, and long-term care. The volume also intends to cover issues linked to the global, national, regional, and local implementation of age-specific and intergenerational solutions, initiatives, and programs towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The collection will contain papers representing research and practical recommendations from various disciplines such as demography, critical studies, the economics of ageing, educational gerontology, geropsychology, gerontechnology, geographical gerontology, longevity studies, public health, social work, and sociology. This volume will be an asset to academic and professional communities interested in theories of ageing as well as public services and ageing policies. In addition, the book aims to help students, practitioners, and people working in government, business, and nonprofit organizations.
Selected Topics and Keywords:
- Combatting Ageism: abuse and neglect, active ageing, age bias, age discrimination, age inclusivity, age norms, age segregation, age stereotypes, age studies, ageism, digital divide, frame analysis, frauds, human rights, intergenerational programs, intersectionality, labour market, legal issues, mass media, older workers, prejudice, self-ageism, social identity, social isolation, socialization, stereotypes, terror management theory, violence, vulnerability
- Age-Friendly Environments: age-friendly cities and communities, age-friendly environments, ageing in place, architecture, built environment, civic participation, communication and information, community support, dementia-friendly initiatives, design, health promotion, housing, neighborhoods, outdoor spaces, physical environment, public buildings, quality of life, rural development, social environment, social inclusion, social participation, transportation, urban development, villages, smart cities
- Integrated Care: accountability, care coordination, care delivery models, care networks, chronic disease, chronic illness, collaboration, community care, complex interventions, cost-effectiveness, data integration, delivery of health care, digital health, disease management, e-health, health and social care, health care economics, health policy, health services, health systems, mobile sensors and wearables, older adults, older people, older populations, person-centred care, personal care, primary care, quality of care
- Long-Term Care: activities of daily living, Alzheimer's disease, assisted living, caregivers, coronavirus, COVID-19, dementia, disability, end-of-life care, family care, geriatrics, home care services, loneliness, long-term care, medication safety, nursing homes, residential care, transitional care, welfare state
- Ageing and Sustainable Development Goals: climate change, consumption, decent work, economic growth, ecosystems, education, employment, empowerment, food security, gender equality, good governance, health, hunger, industrialization, inequality, innovation, lifelong learning, modern energy, partnerships for development, poverty, production, resilient infrastructure, society for all ages, sustainable agriculture, sustainable development, water and sanitation, well-being
- Variety of Perspectives on Ageing: applied gerontology, climate gerontology, critical gerontology, demography, economics of ageing, educational gerontology, environmental gerontology, financial gerontology, geographical gerontology, gerontechnology, jurisprudential gerontology, longevity studies, participatory research, political gerontology, psychological gerontology, public health, public policy on ageing, qualitative studies, quantitative studies, social gerontology, social work, sociology of ageing
- Approved chapters written in full and submitted
Deadline for full chapters: June 04, 2022
- Full chapters peer reviewed
Review results due: August 03, 2022
- Book compiled, published and promoted
Expected publication date: October 22, 2022