- Reviewing the most important latent variable models which form the basis of multidimensional indices of human development (or deprivation) starting
from simpler ones such as factor analysis and going up to structural equation models
- capabilities, functionings
- secondary data
- Middle and low income countries for the year 2000
- Latent endogenous: Health, Education, and Political freedom.
Achievement indicators: Political Rights, Civil Liberties, Voices and Accountability, Adult literacy rate, combined Gross Enrolment Ratio, Life expectancy, Infant mortality rate
- Structural Equation Model, and MIMIC