- Position: Coordinator, Outstanding Scholars and Student Leadership and Instructor - Communications
- Department: Student Success & Leadership Centre, Faculty of Science and the Odette School of Business
- Affiliation: University of Windsor
- Country: Canada
- Website: http://www.uwindsor.ca
- Biographical info: I am an award-winning Higher Education professional who helps students flourish. I work with approximately 1000 students annually in my role as advisor, coordinator, adjunct learning specialist, and instructor at the University of Windsor. As the Outstanding Scholars Coordinator, I manage nearly 500 research assistant placements annually. I am an enthusiastic advisor for the coordination of external leadership scholarships and I am the faculty advisor for the thriving UWindsor chapter of the Golden Key International Honour Society. In 2022 and 2023 I led the UWill Discover Sustainable Futures project which is a $70k project funded in part by SSHRC and the University of Windsor's Office of the Vice President Research Innovation. My research and teaching highlight educational opportunities based on human development frameworks which I've acquired from my studies at the University of Toronto and my membership with the Human Development and Capability Association. As such, I study the application of the capability approach in administrative, pedagogical and research activities in higher education. I teach communication in multiple faculties and programs including the graduate programs in Applied Economics and Policy, Master of Materials Chemistry and Engineering, and the Master of Management program.
Higher Education Human Development Quality Assurane Learning Outcomes Liberal Arts Communication Social Innovation
North American Network