- Position: Senior Researcher
- Department: Higher Education and Human Development Research Programme
- Affiliation: University of the Free State
- Website: https://www.ufs.ac.za/hehd/home/unlisted-pages2/staff-pages/dr-mikateko-hoppener
- Biographical info: Mikateko Mathebula is Senior Researcher at the SARCHI Chair’s Higher Education and Human Development Research Programme, at the University of the Free State in South Africa. Her research interests lie in the relationship between processes of higher education, ‘development’ and human flourishing. She has a growing interest in research practices and pedagogic approaches that are underpinned by decolonial thought, and the role of storytelling in advancing inclusive knowledge-making and knowledge-sharing processes developed in the Global South. She is currently working on Miratho – a project that examines the factors and dynamics that influence the achievement of higher education learning outcomes for low-income youth from rural and township areas across South Africa.
Higher education Engineering education Sustainable development Sustainable human development
Southern African Network