The Centre of Development Studies, Cambridge is holding a three-day conference on 19, 20 and 21 of June in Cambridge […]
The overall purpose of GSN is:
To create a platform through HDCA for graduate students to further their work on themes related to the Capabilities Approach (CA), and to share knowledge and experience.
- Exchange different perspectives on concepts and themes
- Assist graduate students to enhance knowledge and improve the quality of their research work
- Share bibliography and other resources
- Disseminate comments and feedback on common research areas
- Facilitate theme-based discussions
- Exchange research experiences and practical problems
- Strengthen the role and involvement of graduate students in HDCA Future Plans
- Add a student section to MAITREYEE, the HDCA newsletter
- Panel presentations at the next HDCA conference
Jacqueline Gallo, University of Cambridge
Jacqueline Gallo is a doctoral candidate at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge. She performs ethnographic research in faith-based girls' schools for marginalized and pastoralist communities in East Africa. In examining what constitutes a ‘good’ education for these young women, using the Capability Approach hopefully will pre-empt the assumption that discourse about them must always focus on marginalization and vulnerability.
Marcelo Mosaner has 15 years of experience in international business, logistics and data analysis. For the past five years he has been working in the non-profit sector, focused in poverty and environmental issues in Latin America. Marcelo has a background in International Relations and holds a Msc. in Political Economy (PUC-SP). Research interests are measurement of poverty and welfare, composite indicators of well-being and social impact monitoring and evaluation. Marcelo is currently based in Sao Paulo, Brazil and he is in charge of social progress index and impact evaluation at Avina Foundation. His main interest in HDCA is to generate bridges between academia worldwide with governments and social investors in Latin America.
The Conference aims to deepen knowledge of a migratory phenomenon of unaccompanied minors. We will try together with political authorities, […]
The HDCA Thematic group on Participatory Methods invites you to a webinar by Dr. L N Venkataraman (TERI University, India) Tuesday, […]
Dear all, It is with great pleasure that we wish to inform you about our new GSN google account. Lack […]